It’s not mandatory for you to hire a disability lawyer to represent you in your case. However, with a good attorney, you can count on the best results said a Torrance ERISA lawyer. Here are some useful tips to help you find the best disability lawyer.
1. Professionalism And Courtesy – Contact the potential attorney and pay attention to their professionalism as well as how they treat you. Keep in mind that attorneys who handle disability cases are often busy but they should still get back to you in time and listen as well as respond to your questions in a timely manner.
2. Access To The Attorney – It’s quite common to lack access to your disability attorney on the first contact or if you request to communicate to a staff member regarding your case. That’s because most attorneys spend their time in hearings. However, you should be able to schedule a free consultation so the attorney or the staff can hear your case.
3. Guaranteed Promises Of Outcomes – It’s not fair or ethical for the attorney to guarantee that your case will be approved. The best disability attorney should review your case and provide an honest assessment. Therefore, beware of attorneys who provide guaranteed promises of positive outcomes because that’s a red flag.
4. Approval Rates – Determine whether or not the attorney has had positive approval rates in the past. You can find out how many cases the attorney handles within a specific period and out of those cases how many are approved during hearings. Even better, you should find out how many cases are approved with full benefits and partial benefits. A disability attorney with a good track record is the best bet to win your case.
5. Office And Case Management – Disability firms are often busy but there should always be a contact person to answer your questions regarding the case. The disability attorney should keep in touch with you regularly. You can find out the kind of support staff present in the firm or whether you will be provided with your own case manager. That way, you should be able to determine whether your case will be handled in record time.
6. Credentials – A disability attorney doesn’t need to be licensed to represent the client in hearings. However, licensed attorney is always the best way to go. On the other hand, you should make sure the attorney has passed the bar to prevent your case from being heard for those reasons alone.